Wholefoods Chef/Cook - Unique Opportunity
The team at Store Fifteen is looking for a talented, creative and passionate individual to take our kitchen to the next level! This is a unique opportunity that will suit a chef or cook who is passionate about clean eating and has experience working with raw and wholefoods. Our philosophy at the store is to create from scratch, work with foods in their natural state, be creative and progressive and deliver on flavour. We have a strong loyal customer base that appreciates the uncompromised standard of our product, which makes it a highly rewarding environment. There is significant potential for growth and reward for the right candidate.
The successful candidate must:
- Have relevant qualifications and experience
- Bring drive, focus and positive energy to seamlessly work in with our current team of passionate like-minded staff
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in clean eating and its nutritional benefits
- Have previous relevant experience creating products that are free from gluten, dairy, fodmap friendly and vegan
- Be calm under pressure, approachable and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Maintain a well ordered and efficiently run kitchen space
- Manage stock, storage and rotation of goods
- Manage inventory and expenditure
- Manage quality control of meal preparation and presentation
- Manage, train and mentor kitchen staff
- Collaborate with management to design and implement a progressive seasonal menu
- Enjoy being creative in the kitchen and take pride in food presentation
- Maintain the highest standards of hygiene and strictly follow health and safety requirements
- Have input into weekly rostering to ensure maintenance of wage costs
You will be rewarded with:
Highly desirable hours (day-time only), Mornington Peninsula beachside location, caffeine allowance! Remuneration will be commensurate to experience.
Please provide a cover letter with your application, which outlines your suitability for the role.
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org